Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Zuleyka Rivera Visits India

I think most of your forgot about Zuleyka who is Miss Universe 2006. She is another guest to India now. She arrived Mumbai on Monday late night this week as a special guest on Dewali festive mood. She came here to bring more light into AIDS awareness in the country that will take her to 12 other cities including New Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata and Chennai.

The event is organized by US-based Indian fashion designer Sanjana Jon. “Zuleyka told me she is excited about visiting India" she said in September. Juleyka also said her visit would be an achievement if she could change the life of at least one person in India.


Having collaborated with an NGO, ‘Helping Hands’ in Chennai, the aim was to create awareness of Aids in India. On the agenda are a host of fashion events. “I will not only be designing appropriate clothing for Miss Universe during the tour, but will also be hosting several fashion events where I will showcase my collection,” said Jon.


"The first thing that I am going to do here is my AIDS awareness tour, that's my purpose. As a Miss Universe you know that we work with this organisation very close and we are going to do some activities that I would like to do," Zuleyka said.


Watch Zuleyka's visit to India - Mumbai

See her photo-slide show


No comments: